Monday, December 10, 2007

Trip to Alabama




As many of you probably know my great-grandma turned 100 and we all took a trip to Alabama to celebrate with her. It was a great experience that I wish Jordan could have been there to enjoy with us. Anyway, He will probably have another opportunity because she is not going anywhere anytime soon. She says that she wants to do it all again next year. I told Jordan that we better start saving now!

This picture above is of Elva May Cook after she received her honorary diploma from high school. She said that she didn't graduated because she was having too much fun!
This picture Below is is of my mom's family including her cousins and Aunt and Uncle.
My great-grandmother was interviewed on a radio show that was based in Seattle. She grew up outside of Seattle and lived there for a few years before she moved to Alabama. Here is the link to the interview. It is really funny. Just click the link and type in Elva Cook.

www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/downloads/downloads.asp


Okay Hilary, this is for you. Here is the link for my Great-grandmother on the news in Huntsville, AL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJo6d5mLVQ

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I still can't listen to the radio show and I really want to!