Friday, September 26, 2008

New Job!

So, Jordan and I have been looking for a house. We like houses that are WAY too expensive than we can afford (of course). We found out how much we can afford today and I was feeling pretty bad about it and then about an hour later I get a call from the Sugar-Salem school district offering me a job that I had interviewed for earlier this week. I really didn't think much of it when I interviewed for it because I had applied about 9 months ago and then forgotten anything about it. Anyway, I'm going to be working at Central Elementary School from 7:55am- 12 noon. I start right after Harvest Break and after I come home from Washington. I'm pretty excited about it! Here's a picture of the school but it doesn't look this bad in real life.

9 comments:

Hilary said...

Yay Bernie! That sounds like a good time to work. Get it done, and then you still have the rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats that is awesome! What will you be doing?

Camille and Luke said...

That's so cool!!! Congrats!

Bernie said...

I'm going to be working as a para professional, basically an aid helping one kid learn and with behavioral problems.

Andrea said...

Congrats! Is Jordan's schedule regular full-time hours, or is it flexible so he can watch Shelby while you're at the school?

RPH said...

BERNIE! Why am I hearing about this news from your blog...? How many days a week do I see you? And this has never come up in our conversation!
great for you! yea!

I hope they pay you a very minimal salary and it takes you a long time to save some money. i dont want you to move away!

Corinne Hoyt said...

Bernie, that is cool. What are you going to be doing at Central? My mom works there. DelOra Versluys.

Corinne Hoyt said...

So I just read the rest of your comments and read what you'll be doing.

paulandcherisvreeken said...

Congrats on the new job!!! That's wonderful!!!! Isn't it great how life just happens some days!!!