Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Frisby Family

This year for Thanksgiving all of Jordan's brothers and sister and their families came to Rexburg to spend time together and of course to eat good food. Before we had dinner most of us decided to go to the ice caves that are about 30 minutes north of town. It was a lot of fun but I am paying the price now! My body feels like it's one big bruise. In fact I have some bruises on my knees, shins, and elbows (from crawling). Anyway, it was nice to spend time with the family and I will be sad to see them all go. I forgot what it used to be like with most of Jordan's siblings living at home!
This is just before we went into the cave. Hilary wanted to see how her hair looked with this awesome head lamp on her head. I think that A.J. really makes the picture better!Here is Ashlee, Jared, and Jenni at the bottom of a rope that we had to climb down. I had a hard time climbing down and then of course I had to climb up. I am not built for this kind of activity.

Here is Jordan and his dad, Craig, in the cave. Look how cool the ceiling looks.


In this picture Matt and Zoie were going to go down the ice slide at the end of the cave. It was pretty interesting because Jared was handing Zoie to Matt and they started to slip but being a great uncle, Jared sacrificed his body to save Zoie. He had to push her up to Matt just as he fell. And, this happened. . . .Jared landed in a pool of water. He was pretty cold for the rest of the time in the cave.
Here is Ashlee inside the cave. See all the graffiti? It's sad to see this beautiful place so messed up.This picture was taken in the second cave. Zoie and I stayed outside because we were both too tired to go through this one. We had fun sitting in the car and talking. There is never a dull moment with that 5 year old! This is a picture of Jared with Matt behind him. Jordan said that this is spot where A.J. fell into quite a bit of water. According to Craig it was about time because he was getting pretty mouthy. This is Jenni, Ashlee, and Craig coming out of the second cave. They actually climbed up right where I was standing.

This is just a few of us when we were about to go home. Starting from the left: Jared, Jenni, me, Jordan, and Craig. Don't you like my awesome DI overalls? I thought they would be a lot better in a cave than regular pants because they won't slide down and I probably wouldn't get an ice burn on my back. I actually hate this picture of me but it's okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun thing to do... we've actually never been to the ice caves :)
I LOVE your family picture on your sidebar, so cute!

Erin said...

That looks like way too much physical work for a lazy Thanksgiving day! You're so much better than me! :)

Andrea said...

I didn't know anyone took pictures. Glad to see them! I feel sort of bad for not going, but oh well.

Hilary said...

My picture is ALMOST as awesome as the one of Craig with his cheezy smile. Hahaha!

RPH said...

OH WOW! How fun! I have never been there, I will have to add it to my list. It looks like an adventure!