Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Happiest time of year!

I think the happiest time of year is this time of year. I know it's cold and nasty and we are just waiting anxiously for spring, but before spring comes it's tax time! I love tax time! I wait all year long to do my taxes and see how much money I'm going to get back. I love it! I just finished my taxes and I love having Shelby and being "not well off." I know that someday we will have a house that is paid for and all of our kids will be gone and then we'll have to start paying but for now, it's the happiest time of the year.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Tax time rocks!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are happy with your tax return, ours sucks!!!

Amanda said...

sorry to burst your bubble, but you should increase your withholdings to reduce your return. time value of money, yo. the irs has a caculator to help: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=96196,00.html. you've given them an interest free loan all year.

Andrea said...

My economics teacher tried to convince me of Amanda's argument when I was a senior in high school and I had to pay $11 for taxes.

Yes, you are giving the govt. an interest free loan, BUT are you a good saver? I think most people aren't, and even though it "costs" you interest, it ends up being a bonus because you (meaning many people in general) wouldn't have saved it anyway.

I'm working on ours (want to wait the week out to make sure no surprise tax forms show up in the mail), and so far we're getting back a boatload (because the govt is giving us a $7,500 interest free loan for being a first time homebuyer).

Jen said...

Hey Bernadette! I ran across your blog from Lali's blog...so fun to catch up. congratulations on baby #2! That is so exciting! You can check our blog out too...
therexburghalefamily.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Amen girl. Sometimes being poor has it's benefits--it actually makes you excited to do taxes. lol We got ours a couple weeks ago. Too bad I just can't go spend it on whatever I want. ;)

I hope I'm not posting this comment a million times. It doesn't seem to be working...