Monday, February 23, 2009

The end of an era

Yesterday was the end of an era. I looked up era and it said that it's a significant period of time that has a start and a stop. My era in Young Women only lasted 2 1/2 years but it was a great time! I was called into the Bishop's office before church yesterday (knowing exactly what was going to happen) and was told that we were all being released. By all I mean: me, Judy (president), Raygon (2nd councilor), and Chera (Mia Maid advisor). I was so sad! I cried for 2 1/2 hours, you can ask Raygon she said she timed me. Anyway, I'm feeling better about all of this today because I know it's for the best. I was getting kind of burned out on all our activities and the meetings. It will be good to have a rest for awhile. I don't have another calling right now but I'm sure the Bishop will figure something out for me.

3 comments:

RPH said...

It was a sad day...

Anonymous said...

It's a happy and sad day at the same time I'm sure. Rest up quick because the bishop will for sure put you back to work! I bet the girls will really miss you guys.
How are you feeling?

Dacia said...

I heard from Matthew since I wasn't at church yesterday. At least I get to see you in RS again :)