Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pinching my pennies!

Last night I went to a "class" on this website called Pinching Your Pennies. It's not a very user friendly website so when I found out about this class I had to go.

The way I found out about this lady was very strange. I was watching the 10:00 news last month, saw a lady in Pocatello talking about this free class that she teaches. It had her email address so I decided, "what the heck?" I emailed her. I told her I would be happy to come all the way down for this class, then she said that there was someone who taught the class in Idaho Falls.

So, last night I got in my car and drove down to Idaho Falls not really sure what to expect. The whole time I was freaking myself out with different things that could happen to me. I didn't know this lady at ALL! I'd never even seen her!

This is what I was thinking during the 1/2 hour drive. . . What if I'm the only one there? What if she lives in a bad neighborhood? What if she steals all my money (not that I had much to steal)? What if she smokes? What if she has a cat (I'm allergic)? What if she hurts me?

Okay, now I'm starting to think that I'm paranoid. Anyway, I get to her house (in a good neighborhood). There are like 10 cars outside so I know I'm in the right place. She is obviously LDS. She has pictures of Christ and total Mormon sayings. Needless to say she didn't steal my money or beat me up. She is just a mom of 4 that wants to help others save money. Isn't that cool? If anyone is interested I highly recommend her class. It was two hours of my time, but I think it will be worth it in the long run!

Oh . . .and she didn't have a cat.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I've been thinking I need to get into couponing and stuff. Maybe when you come down you can enlighten me :)

I forget if I knew you were allergic to cats...Doesn't it drive you crazy walking in the garage or outside there?

RPH said...

Is she that lady that was on the news about making her own soap and cleaning products? I just caught a bit of her story, so I dont know if she did coupons too.

Give me some info on your class. I am going to the same type of thing tonight in Sugar City. We should compare notes.

Thanks for the shoes, by the way. I will be sporting them at church on Sunday!

Andrea said...

They have classes like that around here often. My friend is going to host a coupon party or something like that next month. Good ideas!