Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Update on our house

The day that Shelby and I went to California I took a picture of our new house. It looked like this:
When we came home a week later it looked like this:

Later that day they actually finished roofing it. They move so fast with our house it's hard to keep up. I went to my friend's house yesterday (she lives next door), we went down to Idaho Falls and when we came back they had poured the cement for the porch.

Jordan walked through the house with the builder on Monday and it sounds like it is really moving! It should be getting sheet rock tomorrow and it will be ready for paint on the 20th of this month. That was good to know because Jordan is going to be doing all the painting himself. We bought all of our paint on Saturday, it was crazy! I have never seen so much paint (except in the store).

I know that I have neglected to let everyone know the particulars of our house so here we go: It is 3 bedroom, 2 bath. The finished sq footage is almost 1400 sq ft. The total sq footage is 2500 sq ft. When our house is completely finished it will have 2 more bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a laundry room, and a family room. That seems to be it. We can't wait for it to be finished. They told us that it should be finished around the first week of September. Wish me luck because the baby is due August 29th!

7 comments:

whitney said...

So......I had a thought! Why don't we come up and help paint! Good excuse for a visit and it is long overdue!! Let me know what you think! Love you guys!

Bernie said...

Oh, Whitney! We would love it if you guys came up and helped paint! That is a perfect excuse to come up!

Chris and Shelly said...

Sounds like a nice home! I bet your mind is just a ticking of how you want to decorate, where to put furniture, things to make, etc...

Camille and Luke said...

Let me know if you need any help moving! Sounds like a great house! I'm excited for you!

Andrea said...

Very cool. I had thought from your earlier house post that it must not have a basement since the hold seem so shallow. (The extra 1100 square feet is a basement, right?)

Bernie said...

Yes, the basement isn't as far underground as most houses but it's nice because the windows are not below ground.

Kendra said...

Hey! I'm finally catching up on blogs (and will update mine as well! finally!) Your house looks GREAT! If you need any extra help painting/moving/house-warming, let me know! Lets get together for lunch or something before you have your baby! I can't wait to see the new baby! Have you picked a name yet?

See ya!