Monday, August 10, 2009

Huckleberry picking

This Saturday we went Huckleberry picking with Jordan's parents. It was kind of a cool day and we were a little worried about finding some but we were very fortunate and we found a ton! We were relieved because Jordan's grandma was just sure that we weren't going to find any and there would be snow on the ground! We decided that even if we had to buy some we were coming home with huckleberries!
Here's a good picture of Jordan and Shelby picking. Shelby really liked sitting on this rock and eating everything in her bucket.

This is what I saw whenever I turned to look at Shelby. I'm surprised that she wasn't sick later. She ate everything she saw.
These berries didn't stay in her bucket long. After awhile she got bored with picking and eating and she found a flower and said, "This is my microphone." She started singing and we never had to worry about where she was because you could hear her from 3 mountains away.


This is what I looked like before we left. I know I never take pictures of myself when I'm pregnant so I had Jordan take one since I only have 3 weeks left.
Here are our berries. We came home with almost a gallon and we figure Jordan's parents had about the same amount. Not too bad for a few hours of picking!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

How exciting! Never been Huckleberry picking... but it looks fun, and tasty! You look great! I can't believe you are due so soon! I hope to see you tomorrow!

Kendra

RPH said...

I have always wanted to go Huckleberry picking. Looks like a fun time!

Camille and Luke said...

You look so cute! We need to get together! I haven't seen you in FOREVER!!!! At least 9 months just so you know! :) You don't have much longer at all!!! Love ya! Camille

Hilary said...

Hey! There's a baby in there! Hehehe...


I need to steal some of those huckleberries for AJ's b-day :)

Andrea said...

Very cool.