Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The end of Eat From Your Pantry

So, I finally went to the store last night and I was worried I would go overboard. I didn't but we really needed some food! I am happy to report that I made it! I spent less than $50 on food last month. In fact the grand total was $46. I really surprised myself. When I made the goal I immediately thought that I should have done at least $75. But, I had already posted it so I decided to stick with my $50. The only things I bought were milk, eggs, butter and a few other things. I even bought ice cream. I have to say coupons helped a lot, one day I went to the store and spent $3 but got two very full bags of groceries. Anyway, this challenge was a success and I am planning on doing it again. . . just not anytime soon.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow-good for you. I already spent over $30 at the store this month ($14 of which was diapers, but still money at the store). Sigh.

How is Bountiful Baskets working out for you? It looks like they do it in the next town over and I've thought about trying it out.

Katie Lynn said...

That's amazing!

Rachel said...

Sheesh! I spend that on one trip! You're amazing..