Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Wasp


Yesterday around noon I opened the front door and a little wasp like this one flew in. Shelby thinks that even flies are scary so I tried to figure out where this thing went. I didn't find him until I went to close the window a few hours later. He was just hanging out on the screen. So, I shut the window and tried to decide what to do about him.

Later that night I wanted to open the window again and he was still in there, Jordan came and looked and he was hiding in the corners. This is getting to be a very boring post. I'll skip now. . .

Okay, this morning Shelby and I want to open the window but that dang wasp was still there! So, She watched as I went outside, got the hose and a Mustang Monthly ( don't tell Jordan).
That wasp is amazing! It would not die! I would hit him and he would go back down to the bottom, then I would spray him with the hose (I thought he would drowned). He survived! This went on for about 20 minutes. For a three year old this is high class entertainment! She thought it was great! She was like "Hit him again, Mom!" "Spray him! Spray him!" I don't know why I think this is so hilarious but watching Shelby watch me try to get rid of this wasp was pretty funny.

Sometimes, I wonder what the neighbors think of our craziness!

P.S.- I have no idea where that wasp is now. He just disappeared.

Does anyone have any really good bug killing stories? I would love to hear them.

4 comments:

Chris and Shelly said...

That's pretty funny! I can see you laughing at yourself after a few swats and sprays! I forgot to mention to you that you and your family are welcome here whenever. Don't feel awkward- just give us a call. Although it's pretty miserably hot right now! Maybe I should make my way up there!

Camille said...

too funny! I don't have any good bug killing stories, I just usually squeal like a little girl, and squish them as fast as I can. It would have been funny watching you try and drown it though. Too bad I live around the corner!

RPH said...

Ha hahah! I wish I could have seen it! That sounds so funny.

And what is this 5K on your side bar? I want to run it with you.

Hilary said...

HAHA. AJ likes to smash spiders on the wall. And then leave them there. That's all I got :)