Saturday, December 13, 2008

Be Careful what you wish for!

I've been wanting the snow to come for some time now. Finally, it has come. It snowed a little bit last week but last night it dumped a few inches and now it is snowing and blowing. It is so cold out and you can barely see. Now, I'm wondering why I was wishing for the snow. I think that I always remember the fun times like sledding, building snowmen, and just overall fun times. What I forget about is the COLD, shoveling snow, sliding around in your car. Oh, well, it's still beautiful! Here's the view from our house this morning at 7:30.

This is after I shoveled the walk and Jordan is in the process of snow blowing the sidewalk in front of our house. I think the camera makes the snow look a lot worst than it really is. What you can't see is the snow blowing down the street.
Here is Jordan snow blowing the sidewalk. I don't know what we would do without that snowblower. Oh wait yes I do. We have to shovel by hand and it takes about three times as long. How do we know? Because last year our neighbors borrowed the snowblower and broke it within 10 minutes. They didn't tell us about it until Jordan asked for it back. Then, they were going to fix it (yeah right). We got it back about 6 months later in the same state. Jordan was able to fix it in about a day. I'm glad my husband is mechanical!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty pictures but in rexburg it is so true, be careful what you wish for :)

Angie said...

Pretty pictures. I miss the snow. We never get any around here.

Dacia said...

I so wish we had a snow blower. Last year we built up some pretty good muscles shoveling all that snow. Let's hope there's not as much this year!!!

Erin said...

I am happy for the snow, but I wish it would have waited a day. It ruined my plans, but luckily it didn't ruin my birthday.

Hilary said...

It is pretty amazing to have a mechanical hubby. Not like, robot mechanical, but you know!

Andrea said...

I have mixed emotions about the snow too. I'm not a fan of the cold, but there is something comforting or romantic about sitting inside a warm house (with a fire in the fireplace) while the snow is falling.