Friday, December 19, 2008

Strep throat

Yesterday I came home from work and started feeling really sick. My throat really started to hurt. As the evening progressed I started feeling worse. I took night-time cold medicine, hoping that would help but sadly no. Shelby stayed up all night crying and being sick so this morning we headed off to the doctor. Since we were both being seen for the same thing the doctor only had to swab my throat. And, the diagnosis? We have strep throat. I am so sick of having strep throat. When I was younger I had strep about 4-5 times a year. They talked about having my tonsils taken out. Once they started talking about that, I started to get better. Luckily! I like my tonsils! This is the first time I've had strep in about 7 years. They have come out with something really cool. Shelby and I got shots of penicillin. I always had to have pills. Don't you love the miracle of science? I do. Anyway, stay away from us for a few days unless you want to be sick and dying!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

I already knew you guys were sick, that's why I've been staying away :)

Hope the mold (penicillin) kicks in soon!

Andrea said...

Ew, I'm sorry. Are you done with work for a few weeks with Christmas break?

Erin said...

I used to get strep 4-5 times a year too. I had it right before I got pregnant with Kurtis, and I haven't had it since. Something in my immune system must have changed when I got pregnant, and it's been wonderful! Good luck getting rest with a toddler, especially a sick one!

Bernie said...

Yes, I'm done with work until Jan. 5th. I'm kind of glad I got sick on the last day of school. But I want to enjoy this! Shelby is doing really well. I'm surprised. But, anytime I try to take a nap, she is right there in my face.

RPH said...

Oh yuck Bernie! Sorry you arent feeling well.

Let me know when you are feeling better the soap making festivities are about ready to begin!