Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Paddy's Day


St. Paddy's Day at our house was pretty fun. I dyed the milk green, made a pot of gold, and cut out Leprechaun footprints for Shelby to follow. My parents did that once for my sister and I to follow that led us to what they left for us. I thought that Shelby would appreciate it. She picked up the footprints and looked at me like, what is this? Then we went into the kitchen and she got so excited about the green milk. I'm a little worried that the milk will have to be green from here on out. Pot of Gold, if it can't be money why not candy?

Wouldn't this be really scary? I wouldn't want a very small person coming in through my window.


It all was worth it, Shelby loved it.


For me, this is the best part of St. Paddy's Day. Corned Beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes. Even Shelby enjoyed it.

6 comments:

Chris and Shelly said...

How fun! I didn't do anything creative that day but wear green. The corned beef sounds good and I'm not even prego! Do you have a good recipe? I've never made that.

Whitney & Charlie said...

Green milk?! I don't know if I could drink it! I feel like such a lame mom now, we didn't do a single thing for St. Patrick's Day except wear green. Except Charlie, so he got pinched a lot! I'll have to remember all this for next year.

Andrea said...

Very creative. Good for you!

I just tired corn beef and cabbage at my parents' house on Sunday. It was surprisingly good.

Hilary said...

Aww i was gonna make some festive food too...but..then..I didn't

You are awesome!

Bernie said...

Corned Beef and Cabbage is so easy to make. Just follow the instructions on the package. Basically, you just boil it for like 3 hours. Everything else is added to the pot as well.

RPH said...

Your dinner looks good.

Is there always a recipe on a package? I want to try that some day. YUM!