Saturday, January 2, 2010

Update on "eat from your pantry"

Well, so far so good. Of course it is only the second day of the month. I just had to share this really cool thing called Bountiful Baskets. My sister first emailed me about it and then my next door neighbor did it two weeks ago and said it was great. So, I decided since I'm trying to eat healthy and with less month I thought we would try it. The first time it costs $18 plus $1.50 handling. But, after that it costs $15. You get about $50 worth of fruits and vegetables. I filled my laundry basket full of the stuff that I got. Luckily a man who was helping there offered to carry my basket to my car. I don't think I would have been able to make it to my car that was parked about 1/2 mile away. Anyway, here is a picture of all the stuff I got today.You don't get to choose what goes in your basket so if your family isn't adventurous I don't know if I would chance it. Most of the stuff is normal but I don't know if I've ever fed my family brussel sprouts or a radish. Oh well, we're going to start eating them.

Here is a picture of one of my helpers. She sits on the counter a lot, especially when I cook. She likes to be where the action is and she is happy to be where she can see me.


Here is my other helper. They both like to be in the kitchen. Can you see Shelby is holding a cookbook? She likes to hold something. It doesn't matter what it is.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like a lot of good veggies. Let me know how the brussel sprouts are (I googled them to see if I was spelling it right since blogger thinks I have it wrong, and apparently they're Brussels sprouts-who knew). Don't think I've ever tried them.

I just saw one of those little baby chairs the other day.

Kendra said...

The veggies look good! I should try that someday... although, I'm not sure I'm adventuress enough to eat Brussels Sprouts! Your girls are getting SO big! Shelby has grown a ton since I saw her last!! Fun! I look forward to hearing more updates!

Anonymous said...

That's A LOT of produce! And it all looks so healthy! I might have to think about trying that.

Shelby's hair is SOOOOOO long!

Lydia Graham said...

Hooray! I'm happy that you finally did this. Isn't it fabulous? I heard the bread they have is good too, but I don't want 5 loaves for just me!m :)

Bernie said...

I wonder if we could eat 5 loaves?

RPH said...

Bernie, I am going to order the bread next time I think, just to have some spare in my freezer. I will let you know if it is good. Come on over and try it!!

RPH said...

ps - BRUSSEL SPROUTS are on the menu tonight, have you made yours yet? Why dont I just call you?